IMDEA Energy offers 10 INPhINIT Incoming PhD scholarships from the La Caixa Foundation
The call for applications for INPhINIT PhD scholarships from la Caixa in its two modalities (Incoming/Retaining) has been published. For the Incoming modality, IMDEA Energía has published 10 places which can be accessed from the following link:
- A high-performance Energy Management System for railway power supplies
- Artificial intelligence powered robotic synthesis and evaluation of advanced hybrid materials for solar fuel production
- Closing the loop: turning conventional fossil-derived plastic residues into bio-based plastics and chemicals by an innovative strategy
- Customised porous ceramics for solar fuels production
- Development of Solar Redox Flow Batteries
- Extremophiles as an innovative solution to replace petrochemicals
- Metal Organic Frameworks: towards microplastics valorization
- New accelerated testing methodologies and aging models of lithium-ion batteries|
- Novel bismuth-based perovskites for photovoltaics and photocatalytic applications|
- Regionalised life cycle sustainability assessment of alternative transportation fuels
Call closing date: 25 January 2023 (14:00h).
Deadline for the submission of the language certificate: 8 February 2023
Communication of the pre-selection result and call for interviews: 18 April 2023
Selection interviews: 23, 24 and 25 May 2023
Communication of the final result: 8 June 2023
Centre-scholarship holder agreement: 8 to 30 June 2023.
Call for applications:
The “la Caixa” Foundation announces 35 PhD scholarships for young researchers of all nationalities, to carry out their doctorate at Spanish centres accredited with the Severo Ochoa or María de Maeztu awards, Carlos III Health Research Institutes or Portuguese units classified as “excellent” by the Fundação para a Ciência e a Tecnologia (Foundation for Science and Technology). This modality focuses exclusively on STEM disciplines: life and health sciences, experimental sciences, physics, chemistry and mathematics.
Endowment of the scholarship:
The financial endowment is intended to cover the fellow’s costs according to the following breakdown:
– €35,800 per year to cover the fellow’s labour costs. This amount includes the fellow’s gross annual salary, as well as the social security contributions payable by the employer (in this case, the host institution), as well as any other compulsory contributions, either current or as may be foreseen in a future legal framework.
– 3,500 € per year, as an additional amount for conferences, courses, research stays, consumables, equipment, expenses for the use of intellectual property, etc. This additional amount will be managed by the centre and must be justified separately.
– Enrolment fees for the doctoral programme to which the scholarship holder will be admitted.
The “la Caixa” Foundation will award a prize of 7,500 €, if the scholarship holder deposits the thesis within 6 months after the end of the third year of the scholarship.
Requirements for applicants:
The INPhINIT Incoming doctoral fellowship programme is open to young researchers of all nationalities.
At the time of recruitment, candidates must have completed the studies that enable them to
enrolment in an official doctoral programme in Spain/Portugal. Verification of the level of studies
equivalent to those mentioned above will be carried out by the host university at the beginning of the
admission procedure. In the event that, after verification, it is found that they do not meet the requirements, the scholarship will be withdrawn.
requirements, the scholarship will be withdrawn.
Under no circumstances may candidates have previously studied the same doctoral studies for which they are applying for the scholarship.
for which they are applying for the scholarship.
Candidates must have an advanced level of English (B2 or higher).
At the closing date for applications, candidates must be in the first four years of their research career and must not be in the first four years of their research career.
years of their research career and must not have previously obtained a doctoral degree or be in a position to apply for one.
in a position to apply for a doctoral degree.
Candidates must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Spain/Portugal,
studies, etc.) in Spain/Portugal for more than 12 months in the three years immediately preceding the closing date for applications.
prior to the closing date of the call. Short stays, such as holidays, will not be taken into account.
will not be taken into account