OPEN POSITION - Predoctoral Researcher Position at IMDEA Energy to work on “Development of innovative anodes for energy-efficient electro-oxidation of contaminants in wastewater”
The IMDEA Energy Institute is a María de Maeztu Unit of Excellence with the mission of developing world-class R&D in the field of clean and renewable energy technologies. The Institute aims at contributing to the establishment of a sustainable energy system with a high degree of decarbonisation, economically competitive and securing energy supply (www.energy.imdea.org).
The Electrochemical Processes Unit of IMDEA Energía is performing research and development of high-efficiency electrochemical energy storage devices, mainly for coupling them with renewable energy sources and for sustainable transport.
IMDEA Energía is opening a position for a Predoctoral Researcher to work on “Development of innovative anodes for energy-efficient electro-oxidation of contaminants in wastewater”, with the following characteristics:
- Synthesis and characterization of redox-active metal oxides.
- Manufacturing of anodes containing conductive substrates and electroactive materials.
- Electrochemical characterization of anodes.
- Assembly and electrochemical testing of cells based on electro-oxidation anodes.
- Evaluation of cell performance regarding contaminants degradation.
- Dissemination and publication of research results in scientific journals.
Your qualification, experience and skills
- Master degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Environmental Engineering or similar.
- Fluent oral and written communication skills inEnglish.
Moreover, the following aspects will be positively evaluated:
- Training / experience in an international environment.
- Experience or specific training in electrochemistry.
- Experience or specific training in materials synthesis and characterization.
Location: Móstoles, Madrid, Spain.
Remuneration:19000-21000 € annual gross salary.
Duration: One-year appointment with annual renewals.
Reference: 21.11 EQ3 PRE
Applicants should send their CV and Complete Academic Record including marks obtained in Bachelor and Master studies before 25th of March 2021 to the following address: