The Electrochemical Processes Unit at the IMDEA Energy Institute, welcomes postdoctoral candidates interested in applying for a Marie Skłodowska-Curie Individual Fellowships (MSCA-IF) in 2019.
Before sending your application, please check the full description of the eligibility criteria that can be found in the webpage call.
The Marie Curie Experienced Researcher (ER) fellow will join an interdisciplinary group of researchers – chemists, physicists and engineers – aiming to generate novel concepts, materials and devices for electrochemical energy storage. The fellow will be involved in some of the following research lines being currently addressed at ECPU:
- Redox Flow Batteries
- Organic or organometallic based electrolytes for high energy density, low-cost and sustainable RFBs
- Membrane-free concepts: immiscible electrolytes and microfluidic RFBs
- Solar-rechargeable RFB
- Metal-air (Zn-air, etc)
- Electrodes, electrolytes and electrocatalysts for lower cost and increased performance Me-air batteries
- Metal-ion Batteries (Li-ion or multivalent batteries)
- Structural Li-ion batteries based on reinforced electrodes and solid electrolytes
- New organic or inorganic electrode materials for Li-ion or multivalent batteries
- Advanced In-situ/operando characterization techniques
- Multiscale / Multiphysics Modelling applied to battery design.
More information about MSCA-IF
Spanish Network of Excellence E3TECH has organized its 3rd Workshop on Sustainable Electrochemical Technology within the framework of the 25th Topical ISE Meeting held in Toledo, Spain, the 15th May 2019. In this workshop, the general assembly of the E3TECH network was attended by Dr. Rebeca Marcilla from IMDEA Energy.
Moreover, a specific industry session took place in which researchers from companies such as , AQUALIA, ARVIA TECHNOLOGY LTD or CETaqua – SUEZ Group, presented their interests in applying electrochemical technologies to address problems of water treatment and energy storage. In this workshop the researcher from Imdea Energy Enrique García-Quismondo presented the latest results of the operation of a pilot plant for magnesium enrichment of water streams by using Capacitive Deionization.
More Information about the Spanish Network of Excellence E3TECH
Link to the program of the Event - 3rd Workshop on Sustainable Electrochemical Technology